Thursday, November 18, 2010

REGARDING NEW MOUNTAIN GOATS



As is his way, John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats wrote another awesome song the other day. And as is his way, he's acting like it isn't even that big of a deal, opting to post a YouTube video via his Twitter and declaring that the song won't even get a proper release on the next TMG album. He also uses his Twitter to talk about comic books, metal, and Time Tunnel. I don't want to sound like one of those people who obsesses over his/her idols and thinks, "We could totally be friends forever even though I only know about you through stories and forced perceptions told by the media," but I so thoroughly want to be friends with this man. Hell, I'd settle for living in his neighborhood and maybe, maybe chatting him up at the grocery store for about 30 seconds every two months. That's not crazy, right?

Anyway, here's an mp3 of that song above.

On a semi-related note, Nate Adams is the underground John Darnielle. SHHHHH.

[EDIT: Someone complained about the link having a virus, so I took it down. E-mail me if you want the mp3 for now.]

No comments: