Thursday, July 2, 2009

regarding Bruce Springsteen at Glastonbury


Here's a video of Bruce Springsteen playing "The 59 Sound" with his heirs, The Gaslight Anthem. My favorite part is during the last chorus, when you realize Bruce doesn't actually know the words. TGA frontman Brian Fallon came out during the E Street Band's set later that night for "No Surrender." What I really want to see, though, is Bruce's cover of "Coma Girl" by Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros. Springsteen has covered a few Strummer tunes in his day ("London Calling," The Clash's version of "I Fought the Law"), but "Coma Girl," an ode to Glastonbury itself, sounds like a fitting opener. The Loved Ones released a really good acoustic version of it earlier this year; I'm starting to think it's one of those songs that you just can't ruin.

Seriously, though, if anyone finds an mp3 of Bruce doing the Mescaleros tune, hit me up!

No comments: