Friday, October 23, 2009

regarding the new Lawrence Arms.

Soya Milk Zine is streaming two tunes from the upcoming Lawrence Arms seven-inch Buttsweat and Tears. A few thoughts...

-My only real complaint is that these songs end before I'm ready. See, I kind of wish "The Slowest Drink at the Saddest Bar on the Snowiest Day in the Greatest City" lasted forever. Like, I'd wake up and BAM there's another kickass verse. And every time something good happens in my life, the chorus comes around. I WANT THIS SONG TO PLAY WHEN I HOLD MY FIRSTBORN FOR THE FIRST TIME.

-The vocals sound weird. Not bad, but different. Chris McCaughan sounds really clean, but then he always was the prettier singer in the band. Brendan Kelly sounds old/raspier.

-I can't wait for this to drop next Tuesday. Welcome back, guys. Please don't ever leave me again.

No comments: