Wednesday, October 7, 2009

REGARDING JAWBOX REUNITING.

Looks like Late Night with Jimmy Fallon has become a haven for '90s underground heroes. D.C. post-hardcore band Jawbox will perform for the first time in 12 years on the show Dec. 8., according to both the Washington City Paper and Billboard. The performance follows the reissue of the band's seminal third album, For Your Own Special Sweetheart.

Frontman J. Robbins is one of my favorite musicians ever. Whether he's behind the mic or the mixing board, I already know I'm going to be interested knowing he's attached to something. While the band says this won't lead to anything else, I'd love to see this go somewhere (provided a Jawbox Philly show doesn't sell out before I can get tickets, a la Sunny Day Real Estate...).

And since er'rybody else is doing it, here's the video for "Savory," off of For Your Own Special Sweetheart:

No comments: