Wednesday, May 19, 2010

regarding Science Club's love of Star Trek.



Science Club (my band!) has written its greatest song, and I had next to nothing to do with it. Nick and Nate had a play date yesterday, during which time they wrote "Go, Boldly." It's about Star Trek: The Next Generation. The lyrics are really, really good and in depth. The hooks are massive. And it will be a rocker, oh yes. My lone contribution: Teaching Nate how to pronounce "Locutus." I met up with them afterwards to work on a percussion part. Hopefully we can flesh out a new band arrangement next week, but until then, click the link above for a demo.

NOTE: The version they played me last night is even better than this, with even more TNG-related lyrics.

NOTE: I'm about halfway through season two of the Original Series. Just thought I'd put that out there.

No comments: